6/29/2006

A last gift

Tomorrow I graduate. I also get kicked out of uni accommodation, with the consequence that I won't be around much over the next week or so.

As a final pressie for my readers before I vanish, here is the simulation of speciation by genetic drift that I was talking about: http://coalescent.freewebpage.org/popgen/speciation1.py

This is the longest program I've produced yet, so when I get back online I will probably end up:
1) producing decent documentation
2) possibly converting it to an object-oriented approach to organisms
3) writing several posts discussing its behaviour in various circumstances
4) upgrading the program in a range of interesting ways, such as by adding a graphical interface

Until then, have fun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home