7/19/2006

Back in business

I've been away for a while.

I have an excuse: my computer hates me.

More precisely, a standard upgrade caused it to crap its pants in at least 6 different ways and counting. X.org died in 4 different ways, 3 of which related to the scourge upon the earth that is NVidia's godawful policy regards open-sourcing their drivers. Xfce (the window manager) died in two ways, one of which involved apparently losing every single tweak I've ever made to its appearance. I'd just got it how I wanted it too.

This sucks.

On the other hand, at least I have a (relatively) functional command line now, rather than having to use my dad's old laptop. Time to get back to work.

I suspect my computer will shortly find a more serious way to die - the unseasonal heatwave is hitting it like a sledgehammer - but let's not contemplate that.

Think happy thoughts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home